Saturday 11 December 2010

The drive system




Posted by PicasaWorking with metal is certainly good fun but it it a bit unforgiving if things are not cut exactly right.
The drive system is coming along well but I will need more bracing across the top of the wheels and motors to stop the soft alloy brackets pulling inwards at the top. The front caster is simple to fit and uses the same design as fitted on my K9. I still have no idea what type of droid this will be although some form of power droid would be a good idea as it would compliment the other two I have made.The one part that I do not have and will need to purchase is some batteries. I way remove the batteries from my K9 and replace them with higher capacity ones, it is in need of an upgrade inn the battery department.

No comments:

Post a Comment